Thursday 22 March 2018

Back to Beading


Hello! I'm April and this is my new blog about my jewellery making, which I have returned to after a break of about five years. One of my frustrations about this hobby is that I seem to lose track of tutorials I have followed and jewellery that I want to make, so I think blogging about it will be a good way of creating a record of what I have been doing.

I made this bracelet back in February when I was recovering from the flu. Deb Roberti's Skinny Bracelet tutorial can be found here. It is a Right Angle Weave pattern and the instructions are very clear. I had to dig around to find some Fireline and I found a tube of Air Blue Opal ABx2 Swarovski crystals that I had bought at Haydock Bead Fair years ago. Such a beautiful colour! I combined the bicones with silver-lined aqua seed beads and I was so pleased with how it turned out. There was lots of stabbing myself with the beading needle of course, but it was finished pretty quickly. Here it is at the start before the seed beads are added.


Here is a row of seed beads being added after the RAW of the bicones is completed.



I would love to remake this bracelet in a different colour-way. Deb Roberti's example uses the discontinued Topaz Satin Swaro combined with Light Bronze seed beads. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macrame and Beads

     Macramé is a new jewellery skill for me! I have always thought it looks wonderful, but I wasn't sure I would cope with ...